27 Feb A little reassurance about the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
(A note from Rosa Lara, our managing Director & founder).
Published 27th of February 2020
I’ve spent the last few days planning my next trip to London. As I am quite familiar with the city, I was doing some research about new places to visit, new restaurants to try and venues to attend but while searching, I could not avoid reading social media news posts about this Coronavirus. At first, I was a bit worried as it all sounded dramatically dangerous but then I searched for more info on the official sites and I realized that all we have to do is simply be cautious as this is just another type of flu.
Just Explore is a team of passionate travellers also. That’s why we enjoy our job so much and that’s why we are so enthusiastic about showing the authentic parts of Spain to travellers from all over the world. Our clients become part of our family and as such, we always take great care of them.
We are aware about the general concern that this new threat can cause on people travelling to a different country. It’s only human nature to worry but it is important to keep things in perspective and not let the fear takes hold of us.
There are currently No alerts about Coronavirus or travel restrictions in Spain. Our team keeps updated with the latest news and developments and in the event of any risk, we will take the necessary measures. Please do not let the media and every “possible but not likely” scenario ruin your travel plans or life…
It is important you are aware of these real data:
- 3,003 people have died so far Globally and it has been reported that deaths occurred in individuals who were already sick or had really week immune systems.
- The regular flu kills thousands of people every year worldwide but no one usually panics because of that (6,000 people died in Spain in 2019 from regular flu)
- It is not a pandemic, according to the WHO (World Health Organisation)
- The death rate of Coronavirus is only 0,7%
- The virus spreads from person to person when we cough or sneeze. It is not in the air
- There is no restriction to travel to Spain and Europe at this time and we are keeping a close eye on any alerts and developments. The Spanish government is taken every precaution to prevent and control the spreading of this virus.
As with regular flu and cold viruses the precautions are just the same:
Most importantly: don’t panic, keep calm. Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Cover your mouth and nose with a paper tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
Our team is certainly not cancelling their personal trips to Europe or elsewhere. There is so much to explore out there and so much for you to explore with us. We will continue discovering new places to share with you so please do not let media hype stop you from travelling and enjoying your life.