Cycling / Hiking in the
Iznajar Lake, Córdoba
Located in the heart of Andalucia between the three great cities of Cordoba, Granada and Málaga.
The park was declared Geopark by the Unesco in 1988.
It is home to one of southern Spain's largest breeding colonies of griffon vultures, as well as around 70 other bird species, like booted, Bonelli's and short-toed eagles. It also has a rich variety of wildfowers. The park comprises 32,056ha of largely limestone plateau, from 500m to the 1,568m peak of La Tiñosa, the highest in Cordoba province.
Via Verde, Zuheros (Córdoba)
- Cycling/Trekking in the Via Verde (old olive oil railway line)
- Local cheese making classes in Zuheros (a stunning little town nesttled in a gorge)
- Visit to the Cave of the Bats (Cueva de los Murciélagos) with underground lakes and caverns and
signifcant archeological remains dating from the Neolithic times.
- Lunch including wine+ taste of the most awarded olive oil from Spain (D.O. Priego)
- Visit to the picturesque baroque town of Priego and its natural gorge el Balcón de Adarve
- Iznajar lake: the largest lake in the whole Andalucia
- Private transport to the different destinations
- Entrance tickets (when needed)
- Private guide speaking English, French and Spanish
- Price: on request